Weisses Bräuhaus Berg am Laim
The Weisses Bräuhaus is located east of central Munich in the city district Berg am Laim. Many people of the neighbourhood know of the Weisses Bräuhaus as a restaurant with served terrace. But after a complete renovation of restaurant, kitchen and beer garden, the Weisses Bräuhaus reopened in spring 2015 and now also offers its guests in addition to a served terrace a beer garden section with self-service, where according to Bavarian tradition guests are allowed to bring their own brotzeit.
The history of the Weisses Bräuhaus dates back to 1903. In those days Karl Vogl built a residential house with restaurant, brewery building, beer halls, coach house, garden and stable. But already soon after he offered everything for sale and the wheat beer brewery Schneider & Sohn obtained this brewery in 1912. Shortly after the purchase the brewery was closed down and the restaurant was given into the hands of a leaseholder. Since 2015, the brewery manages the restaurant and beer garden by themselves.
The beer garden is equally divided into a served and self-serviced area. Due to the very modern beer benches in the self-serviced area the beer garden lacks a bit of the Bavarian Gemütlichkeit (cosiness) and instead has the atmosphere of a furniture store. Some of the chestnut trees are still too small to provide any shade. But those points won't hold back a real beer connoisseur from coming here. Schneider Weisse is the oldest wheat beer brewery in Bavaria and since 1872 all their beers are brewed strictly according to the Bavarian purity law. The Schneider Weisse wheat beer specialties regularly win awards at International contests. Guests of the Weisses Bräuhaus can choose from following wheat beer types:
- TAP 1 Schneider Weisse Meine blonde Weisse (0.5l cost 3.60€ - July 2015)
- TAP 2 Schneider Weisse Mein Kristall (0.5l cost 3.60€ - July 2015)
- TAP 3 Schneider Weisse Mein Alkoholfreies (0.5l cost 3.60€ - July 2015)
- TAP 4 Schneider Weisse Mein Grünes (0.5l cost 4.00€ - July 2015)
- TAP 5 Schneider Weisse Meine Hopfenweisse (0.5l cost 4.00€ - July 2015)
- TAP 6 Schneider Weisse Unser Aventinus (0.5l cost 4.20€ - July 2015)
- TAP 7 Schneider Weisse Unser Original from the barrel (a Maß costs 7.10€ - July 2015)
- TAP 11 Schneider Weisse Unsere leichte Weisse (0.5l cost 3.60€ - July 2015)
- Schneider Weisse Aventinus Eisbock
The regular Hell (lager) comes from Tegernseer and a Maß costs 7.10€ (July 2015).
The food stall offers warm and cold beer garden meals, such as Hendl (grilled chicken), Schweinshaxe (roasted pork knuckle), spare ribs, sausages, Wurstsalat (sausage salad), homemade Obatzda (Bavarian cheese spread), green salad and potato salad.
Depending on the weather, the beer garden is open throughout the week from noon until 11pm and on weekends from 10am till 11pm.
Weisses Bräuhaus Berg am Laim
Baumkirchner Str. 5
Tel: +49 (0)89 4316381
View all Weisses Bräuhaus Berg am Laim photos