no edit summary
At the time of the lake construction a small house was built next to the lake
, which is at the site of the current restaurant. The house was rebuilt in 1899, using some of the original structure. After the Second World War the Maising area and its lake became popular a holiday destination and so the owner of the house began to sell food and beverages to visiting tourists. In 1950 a beer garden license was obtained. Following several leaseholder changes, the current and now third generation land owner took over the management of the restaurant and beer garden in 2001. The lake is no longer used for fishing.
The beer garden has 450 seats in the self-serviced area standing on the embankment of the lake with views over the sea, of which about half are shaded by large trees. The self-service food stall offers traditional Bavarian snacks and meals with about seven main courses including vegetarian meals. All meals are prepared using biologically grown ingredients from surrounding farmlands. Various oven fresh cakes are baked according to original recipes passed on through generations. The beer served is [[Herrnbräu]] and a [[Maß]] Helles (lager) costs €5.60. All soft drinks are from [http://www.perger-saefte.de Kelterei Perger] - a biological fruit juice producer located
near the Ammersee.
<googlemap version="0.9" lat="47.981401" lon="11.282846" zoom="17" controls="large">
The beer garden is open from April to end of October when when the weather is good from 10am until the last guest has left.
Closed on Mondays.