no edit summary
<td align="right">[[File:Fuerstenfelder 004.jpg|196px|none]]</td></tr></table>
The section where the self
-service food stall is now located was built in 2002 in style of the old architecture. The restaurant, which is still part of the original structure, dates back to the the 13th century. The current restaurant in the same premises as well as the beer garden opened in 2003. The beer garden is partly shaded by sun-umbrellas and one huge tree at the centre of the self-serviced area. The self-serviced area has 550 seats and the serviced area has 160 seats.
The Fürstenfeld Monastery was founded in 1256 under the rule of “Ludwig der Strenge”, Duke of Bavaria. After having beheaded his first wife on mistaken suspicion of having had an extramarital affair he was sentenced by Pope Alexander IV to build a monastery. Perhaps partly due to his sense of guilt thereafter, he maintained and equipped the monastery favourable until his death in 1294.